Services: Cost Management, Project Management, Health & Safety Consultancy
Monaghans were appointed to provide Quantity Surveying, Project Administration and CDM services for the refurbishment of two iconic Sheffield Hallam University buildings.
As well as the construction of a new main entrance and a full glazed façade replacament, Hallam's Owen Building and Norfolk Building were refurbished and reconfigured to provide modern teaching, accommodation and administrative facilities.
- Same day defect and progress reporting using agreed IT data collection system.
- Combined Fabric and MEP Services reporting, utilising integrated reporting system and trackers
- Proactive cost management provided
- Clear and concise change management systems integrated into post contract stage
- Rewarding project where the team maintained the operational day to day business of the University during the construction phase
- Regular meetings with construction and design team to discuss and agree timely solutions to site issues
- Collaborative working ethos established at initial stages between contactor and design team leading to early resolution of final cost
- Developed collaborative working with shared defects close out schedules and trackers