Services: Cost Management, Project Management
Monaghans provided cost and project management for the fit out of the new Nordic restaurant in a new development by the Crown Estate within the Haymarket quarter. The 9,000 sqft restaurant is over 3 floors and incorporates a private dining area. The restaurant achieved Michelin star status a year after opening.
- Delivering the restaurant and bar on budget through robust design management, tendering and strong contract administration / change control
- Challenging shell building with numerous landlord constraints including limited drainage, chilled water limitations, vertical access between floors, fire strategy and roof plant 9 storeys up
- Led client in establishing the full professional and contractor team for the restaurant
- Due diligence and establishment of technical requirements of the restaurant at an early stage led onto detailed and robust negotiation and liaison with landlord regarding shell conditions
- Management and facilitation of stringent and detailed landlord approval process