Monaghans Sustainable Housing Project for Trivselhus Wins Several Awards
3rd July 2020
Monaghans were appointed by Trivselhus as PM / QS / EA in 2015 for the Marmalade Lane, Orchard Park development in Cambridge.
Trivselhus, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Södra which is a cooperative of 52,000 forest owners committed to responsible commercial forestry whose timber products are exported worldwide, develop sustainable homes utilising cutting-edge factory construction in Sweden.
Marmalade Lane is a development constructed using Trivselhus ‘Climate Shield’, a panelised high-performance closed panel construction system whereby pre-insulated wall panels are precision manufactured to the requirements of the project before being shipped, assembled and finished on site. The system has been used to build over 7,500 dwellings in Sweden and the UK.
The development Situated within Orchard Park, Cambridge incorporates:-
- 42 homes comprising a mix of 2-5 bed townhouses and 1-2 bed apartments
- Community led custom-build development based on close collaboration with the residents (residents were able to choose varying floor plans, brick types etc)
- Cambridge’s first co-housing scheme with an active, diverse mix of households of different ages
- Designs which encourage community and support a more sustainable way of living by fostering closer connections within the community
- An emphasis on shared amenity space and communal facilities including communal kitchen, laundry, gym and workshop available to the whole community and promoting interaction through events, communal meals and activities
- Large communal/shared green spaces for socialising, play etc.
- Houses constructed using off-site panelised timber system developed by Trivselhus (known as Climate Shield®)
- Apartment block constructed of cross-laminated timber (CLT)
- Low energy, high performance homes achieved through high thermal efficiency and airtightness, using triple glazing, Mechanical Ventilation Heat Recovery (MVHR), and Air Source Heat Pumps (ASHP)
This ground-breaking development has won several awards including:-
- RICS Social Impact Awards East – Project of the Year 2020
- RICS Social Impact Awards East – Residential 2020
- RTPI The Silver Jubilee Cup 2020
- RTPI Excellence in Planning for Health and Wellbeing 2020
- RTPI Excellence in Planning to Deliver Homes - Small Schemes 2020
- RIBA National Award 2019
- RIBA East Award 2019
- Housing Design Awards Richard Feilden Award 2019
To see how Monaghans could help your development please contact Steve Wright on email@example.com.