Preparing for Reopening
13th May 2020
Monaghans are here to help your business reopen now GOV.UK have published their COVID-19 Secure Guides. Re-launch will not be as simple as opening the doors and switching on the lights. COVID-19 will be here for some time and business operations will have to be adapted for reduced occupancy and spatial distancing requirements.
Businesses now need to update their ‘General Risk Assessment’ to introduce COVID-19 management and physical changes and then this should be shared with the workforce. Business with more than 50 staff are advised to publish the results of their Risk Assessment on their web site for public viewing. A COVID-19 Compliance Statement Poster must be displayed at the premises and employees will have details of how to raise concerns regarding COVID-19 social distancing including reporting individual concerns to the HSE.
Monaghans has detailed sector guidance available and can offer bespoke advice for your business including help with updating your 'General Risk Assessment' for the COVID-19 changes. For more information please contact:
- Construction and other outdoor work – Liam Flanagan on 07745 876 950 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Factories, plants and warehouses – Alan Nock on 07788 395 603 or email@example.com
- Labs and research facilities – Alan Nock on 07788 395 603 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Offices and contact centres – Paul Jacobs on 07884 665 386 or email@example.com
- Restaurants offering takeaway or delivery – Richard Russ on 07811 202 227 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shops and branches – Barney Casswell on 07825 175 908 or email@example.com
Monaghans can facilitate and coordinate a reopening across your individual or multiple premises providing a wide range of services and considerations such as:
- Updating and amending occupation audits including general risk assessments, fire risk assessments, etc.
- Monitoring and reviewing the changes made including helping to draft COVID-19 changes to your Health and Safety Policies and Occupational Management Arrangements to facilitate operations during COVID-19 restrictions
- Control methods for common areas such as toilets, canteens, changing rooms, and receptions
- Assisting operational teams to adapt shift patterns and plan for vulnerable groups or individuals who may need to continue to homework
- Finding & adapting additional space within your property to offset the need for reduced occupancy levels/density and maintain effective operations
- External adaptions to protect and facilitate visitors and deliveries
- Premises recommissioning:
- Assess and manage risks during closure e.g. legionella, vermin, vandalism, etc.
- Turning on and testing of services in a safe and planned manner
- Ensuring any unmaintained/operating elements are safe and working for return
- Re-testing of life safety systems
- Furniture layout changes and installations
- Introduction of COVID-19 cleaning procedures to reopen and maintain risk control
- Working with your HR and Health & Safety team to develop emergency and contingency planning for future incidents
- Working with your operational and FM teams to look for cost saving measures in occupancy and in your supply chain to improve efficiency and reduce costs
- Working with your Facilities Management and services teams to assess the plumbing, heating, and ventilating systems and installations to reduce risk of infection
- Reviewing your property portfolio for capacity which can be resolved to help reduce your operating costs e.g. Lease Expiry, Break Clauses, Mutual Lease Surrenders, Agreement for Lease and mothballing planned new space not needed, etc.
- Adapting your business management arrangements including permit to work, procedures, etc. to control maintenance, testing, and cleaning to comply with the Site Operating Procedures guides published by CLC, BRC, etc.
Multi-site occupiers will need companywide H&S Policy and Management Arrangements advice and will have to publish Risk Assessment results covering their multi-sites assessed and adapted under a planned programme of survey and adaptations.
Our specialist teams of surveyors, occupational H&S experts, project managers and cost managers are available to develop bespoke and auditable processes to ensure you and your business are covered and ready to reopen and adapt.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to discuss your specific requirements in more detail, or if there is anything else we can help with in the current period.