Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Sheffield
Monaghans provide dynamic multi-disciplinary building consultancy services delivering quality professional expertise and advice to clients across a diverse range of business sectors throughout the UK and Internationally. To support our continued growth we are seeking driven individuals with a commitment to delivering real value whilst meeting the needs of our customers.
Opportunities exist for Assistant or Graduate Quantity Surveyor to join our Sheffield office to work on projects predominantly in the retail and leisure sectors. Successful candidates will be working as part of a large Quantity Surveying team of all levels. Successful candidates will initially be mentored by a senior member of staff with a view to undertaking duties on a variety of schemes.
Candidates must have a degree in BSc Quantity Surveying (or equivalent) ideally with RICS accreditation and preferably 2+ years’ industry experience. We are looking for engaging individuals with excellent communication skills, great team and work ethic and an efficient goal driven approach, prioritising innovation and flexibility.
Successful candidates will be offered excellent career development opportunities supported by our varied and challenging workload. Monaghans are committed to the continuous professional development of all our staff and we provide a range of professional training programmes and support for staff at all levels including those requiring support to obtain relevant academic or professional qualifications such as MRICS.
- Day to day project assistance to Quantity Surveyors in the delivery of projects
- Analysing construction cost information and reporting on findings, often including negotiation
- Utilise and develop key project documents (Tender Reports, Cost Reports, etc.)
- Prepare project specific Tender and Contract Documentation
- Understand and maintain awareness of the different Building Contracts available and corresponding legislation
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a commitment to Quantity Surveying and the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- First-rate literacy and numeracy skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Time management and leadership skills
- Commitment, enthusiasm and work ethic
- Team player, capable of a flexible approach
- Energetic & self-motivated
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel
- General IT proficiency
- General knowledge of current industry developments
Please send your curriculum vitae to email@example.com quoting ‘REF: 2020.11.QS.
Monaghans is an equal opportunities employer. Please note that to be appointed to this role candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK.