At Monaghans we believe sustainability can play a major part in business success and that those prepared to address the issues are likely to profit from it.
Our aim is to implement sustainable solutions in all areas of our organisation from the main board down. We guide and direct our managers throughout the business and embrace sustainability.
Working alongside our clients and their suppliers we seek to become more sustainable by providing for the main polluting activities associated with built assets to be managed more efficiently than they have been previously. These include making energy, using transport and generating waste - we can all do our bit to help, by saving energy, finding better ways to travel and recycling waste.
As a company committed to the communities in which we work, Monaghans understands its responsibility towards current and future generations. The Directors have set this Environmental Policy which commits the Company to:
- Develop and continuously improve its environmental performance
- Minimise the extent of environmental impacts of operations within the Company's sphere of influence
- Liaise with our clients on potential environmental issues and work with them to address concerns, in so far as project constraints permit
- Strive to minimise any emissions or effluents which may cause environmental damage
- Conserve energy through minimising consumption and maximising efficiency
- Minimise the use of materials which may be harmful to the environment
- Promote efficient purchasing which will both minimise waste and allow materials to be recycled where appropriate
- Employ sound waste management practices
- Put in place procedures and support information that enables compliance with the law, regulations and codes of practice relating to environmental issues
- Provide suitable training on environmental issues for employees
- Recognise and encourage the contribution every employee can make towards improving environmental performance
- Develop procedures and, where appropriate, set performance targets
- Monitor environmental performance, make regular reviews of the policy and make improvements where possible