Reference: 19.010 APM
Opportunities exist for Assistant/Graduate Project Managers in Construction to join our Sheffield office to work on projects predominantly in the retail and leisure sector. Having recently graduated, successful candidates will be working as part of a Project Management team of all levels. Successful candidates will initially be mentored by a senior member of staff with a view to undertaking duties on a variety of schemes.
Candidates must have a degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Building Surveying or other related construction degree.
This is a great opportunity to join an expanding business with exciting plans for the future, where you can make a real impact on the business going forward. We are looking for engaging individuals who prioritise honesty and integrity and are hardworking, efficient and goal driven whilst maintaining an open mind, and being capable of innovation and flexibility.
Candidates must be fluent in English and be based in Sheffield / able to commute on a daily basis.
Successful candidates will be offered excellent career development opportunities supported by our varied and challenging workload. Monaghans are committed to the continuous professional development of all our staff and we provide a range of professional training programmes and support for staff at all levels including those requiring support to obtain relevant academic or professional qualifications such as MRICS and MAPM.
- Day to day assistance to Project Managers in the delivery of projects
- Prepare Gantt charts, organisation charts, status reports and project execution plans
- Produce administration documentation such as requests for information, contract instructions and payment certificates
- Attend and minute project meetings
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a commitment to Project Management and the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to display Stakeholder management
- Ability to prioritise key actions and issues
- Ability to respond to Client’s requests and meet expectations
- Consider both cost and programme aspects of a project
- First-rate literacy and numeracy skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Time management and leadership skills
- Commitment, enthusiasm and work ethic
- Team player capable of a flexible approach
- Energetic & self-motivated
- Knowledge and experience of Gantt chart programming
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel
- General IT proficiency
- General knowledge of current industry developments
- Highly competitive negotiable salary
- 23 holidays rising to 25 after two years service
- Paid volunteering day in addition to annual holidays
- Birthday day off in addition to annual holidays
- Ongoing training and development
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension contributions
- Sponsored non work related personal development
- 4 X death in service benefit
- Permanent health insurance
Please send your curriculum vitae to email@example.com quoting ‘REF:19.010 APM’
Monaghans is an equal opportunities employer. Please note that to be appointed to this role candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK.