Reference: 19.006 SQS/EA
Monaghans provide multi-disciplinary building consultancy services delivering quality professional expertise and advice to clients across a diverse range of business sectors throughout the UK and Europe.
We are looking for ambitious Quantity Surveyor(s) with experience in acting as Employers Agent, who are looking to progress their careers by joining our growing team to lead projects and teams within a client facing role. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an established office with an expanding blue chip client base.
Candidates must be degree qualified (BSc Quantity Surveying or equivalent) and ideally MRICS qualified, with 5+ years’ post graduate experience and be able to demonstrate a proven track record of both pre and post contract delivery. Excellent communication skills are a must and great team and work ethic are essential.
Successful candidates will be offered excellent career development opportunities supported by our varied and challenging workload and structured programme, personal development with progression and reward resulting from successful delivery and performance.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Quantity Surveying knowledge base throughout Pre and Post construction phases
- Experience of administration of construction contracts
- Ability to lead and drive projects forward
- Experience in acting as Employers Agent and/or in Project Management rules
- Chartered or working towards achieving chartered status
- Experience of working within a consultancy or client organisation
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Experience in a client facing role
- Experience of managing or mentoring junior members of staff
- Experience of successfully operating within multi stakeholder environments
- Ability to challenge constructively and deliver client led targets
- Ability to clearly articulate project needs on a scheme by scheme basis
- Ability to pro-actively contribute to value management and value engineering studies at project and programme level
- Delivery of work outputs within set time frames
- Commitment, enthusiasm and a strong work ethic
- Team player capable of a flexible approach
- Energetic & self-motivated
- Strong IT capabilities including working experience of Microsoft Office
- Experience of commercial and residential projects from inception to completion
- Highly competitive negotiable salary
- 23 holidays rising to 25 after two years service
- Paid volunteering day in addition to annual holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension contributions
- Birthday day off in addition to annual holidays
- Ongoing training and development
- Sponsored non work related personal development
- 4 X death in service benefit
- Permanent health insurance
Please send your curriculum vitae to email@example.com quoting ‘REF: 19.006 SQS/EA’
Monaghans is an equal opportunities employer. Please note that to be appointed to this role candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK.